At URSA, we work to be the preferred energy savings and acoustic comfort partner in the construction business for glass mineral wool and extruded polystyrene (XPS), driven by commercial excellence, the most efficient supply chain and the passion of our team.
A bright future for insulation
Europe is a world leader and benchmark in energy efficiency, thanks to a high awareness of environmental protection as well as energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness in buildings.
While the future might be challenging, it is also full of opportunities. As specified in the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) recast, as of beginning December 2020 all new buildings must be nearly zero-energy buildings (nZEBs). And this superior level of energy performance in a building can only be achieved through substantial use of thermal insulation.
Building renovation – a “must” with incredible potential
The incredible potential of building renovation is key to meeting the European plan of reducing CO2 emissions by 80% to 95% by 2050. URSA’s insulation products offer high-performance solutions, making the renovation of existing buildings to a nearly zero-energy standard possible.
Attaining European targets before 2050 will only be possible if Europe’s existing building stock is intensively renovated over the next few decades. New buildings account for only roughly 1% of total housing stock in Europe annually. Thus, increasing the building renovation rate to 2.5% or 3% per year should be Europe’s goal.
URSA is in the middle of the action, offering an excellent solution – high-performance insulation materials and services to our customers – to achieve the nearly zero-energy goal.
Dialog, openness & appreciation
- Treat our customers, colleagues, and all other stakeholders with appreciation and respect.
- Internal and external communication is characterized by an open and honest dialog.
- Openness also means respecting individual and cultural differences and being open towards new ideas/tasks.
Responsibility & accountability
- Giving employees responsibility means trusting in their ability to perform the tasks bestowed on them reliably and conscientiously.
- Assuming responsibility means standing by what you have done and being accountable for your actions.
- As a company, too, we assume responsibility for what we do.
- Performance-oriented company that is committed to creating sustainable value and delivering excellent and efficient results.
- Set the highest standards for what we do.
- We ask for and actively support a will to deliver, initiative and innovation from our people.
- We are bound by the statements we make and accept responsibility for what we do.
Employees over Europe
Countries with sales operations
Working togetherURSA's commitment to sustainability, and therefore the social, economic and environmental pillars of sustainability, is strongly rooted in the company. We do not plan our activities without a clear and determined approach towards sustainable development. On one hand, all URSA regions work in the manufacture of materials that provide greater sustainability, energy efficiency and environmental protection to the buildings in which they are installed. Providing our services in a sustainable manner is also of utmost importance when working together with our partners, customers, installers and specifiers. On the other hand, URSA continuously supports all those initiatives that encourage and work towards the consolidation of a sustainable building sector and the active renovation of buildings.
URSA´s focus on customer proximityAt URSA we constantly work to improve our glass mineral wool and extruded polystyrene (XPS) product offer. We focus on listening to our customers and partners to understand which services help them make day-to-day business easier and solve operational problems. We try to be very close to our partners to:
- Be as responsive and flexible as possible.
- Provide simple and helpful solutions.
- Offer support in the ordering process.
- Provide logistics services tailored to each order.
- Discuss system solutions to make their work life easier.
- Offer marketing and training services to help them better explain and sell to their partners.
- Offer support for complex insulation situations.
Associations we cooperate withURSA collaborates with entities, associations, educational institutions and organizations throughout Europe in relation to environmental protection and sustainability in the building and construction trade. We are conscious that it is necessary to provide support to all agents in the sector who work with objectives in line with our own. As a result of these synergies, URSA collaborates with the following associations:
Financed R&D ProjectsFind out about the Research and Development projects we are working on. Thanks to this, we improve day after day our production processes, the products we manufacture and the services we provide to our customers. Industrial research and experimental development are an important part of a strategy that seeks to make us better every day.
The Ursa Insulation project named ‘DEVELOPMENT OF NEW SUSTAINABLE BIOSOLUBLE GLASSES FOR THE MANUFACTURE OF INSULATING MINERAL WOOLS’ and with a record number IDI-2020465 has been financed by the Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (Spain).
The Ursa Insulation project named ‘DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW PRODUCT FROM RECYCLED MATERIALS WITH HIGH INSULATING PROPERTIES’ and with a record number IDI-20200771 has been financed by the Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI).
The Ursa Insulation Project named ‘DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW EXTERNAL THERMAL INSULATION COMPOSITE SYSTEM’ (ETICS9 and with a record number IDI-20160049 has been financed by the Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI).
The Ursa Insulation project named ‘DEVELOPMENT OF RENEWABLE BINDERS FOR MINERAL WOOL INSULATION MATERIALS’ and with a record number IDI-2015102 has been financed by the Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (Spain), and the EUROPEAN REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND (ERDF) through the Pluri-regional Smart Growth Operational Programme.