600 metres of URSA Air ducts in the Włocławek Theatre (Poland)

URSA AIR

600 metres of URSA Air ducts in the Włocławek Theatre (Poland)

Project details

  • Product used: URSA AIR
  • Application:
  • Building type: Other uses
  • Architect: Pracownie Architektoniczno-Plastyczne
AIR
URSA AIR

There were no doubts when choosing the perfect materials for the renovation of the Impresaryjny Theatre: the building and contracting team knew URSA AIR ducts would be ideal for the new cultural centre in Wloclawek (Poland).The design by MAAG s.c. Pracownie Architektoniczno-Plastyczne architects preserved the old façade (completely insulated and restored) in contrast with a complete renovation of all interiors.

Hence, 600 metres of URSA AIR Zero A2 were used to build the HVAC ducts. These mineral wool panels enjoy an acoustic absorption coefficient of 0.80. This means that they absorb 80% of acoustic energy, leaving only 20% to bounce off. Thus, URSA AIR Zero is an ideal product when we are looking to have silent air ducts.

This material’s inside surfaces are covered by a highly sound-absorbing fabric, making it perfect for the team’s needs. Because, if there is something that tells good buildings – cultural, auditoriums, concert halls, and other non-residential buildings such as hospitals and schools – apart, it is good sound quality, with construction materials acting as sound barriers and not contributing to uncomfortable echo and noise.

But developers not only chose URSA AIR Zero A2 owing to its acoustic properties but also because this material enjoys high thermal resistance, guarantees outstanding indoor air quality, and presents optimum resistance to fire.

This material also comes with a 15-year guarantee and several certificates that corroborate its thermal and acoustic properties. It is also recyclable and very easy to install.

The Impresaryjny Theatre seats 300 people and, as well as theatre, is prepared to hold other cultural activities and performances such as concerts, ballet, and even conferences and training courses.

Location: Wojska Polskiego 13, 87-800 Włocławek, Polonia

the building and contracting team knew URSA AIR ducts would be ideal for the new cultural centre in Wloclawek (Poland).